MovieForum.cc

Go Back   MovieForum.cc > Member Center > Off Topic

Off Topic Anything you want to chat

Old 01-16-2009, 04:12 AM

bala is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes here my legislation

US Copyright Code Title 17, Chapter 1, § 111. Limitations on exclusive rights: Secondary transmissions, subsection a5:
(a) Certain Secondary Transmissions Exempted.— The secondary transmission of a performance or display of a work embodied in a primary transmission is not an infringement of copyright if—
(5) the secondary transmission is not made by a cable system but is made by a governmental body, or other nonprofit organization, without any purpose of direct or indirect commercial advantage, and without charge to the recipients of the secondary transmission other than assessments necessary to defray the actual and reasonable costs of maintaining and operating the secondary transmission service.

Subsection 3 might also apply but I am not entirely sure as it would apply more to the free side then the VIP side.

(3) the secondary transmission is made by any carrier who has no direct or indirect control over the content or selection of the primary transmission or over the particular recipients of the secondary transmission, and whose activities with respect to the secondary transmission consist solely of providing wires, cables, or other communications channels for the use of others: Provided, That the provisions of this clause extend only to the activities of said carrier with respect to secondary transmissions and do not exempt from liability the activities of others with respect to their own primary or secondary transmissions;

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/ht...1----000-.html
Old 01-16-2009, 08:44 AM

numbflux is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe those laws are to protect the ISPs - so the ISP has no liability for what you download - because they are effectively copying the stream to send it to you
Old 01-18-2009, 04:34 AM

barrt814 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Domain name

The domain name is .cc, Cocos Island. Not sure if US law extends out that way. Youko and Tudou also have a LOT of US material, but they are Chinese video hosting sites (and terribly slow and unreliable). Never saw a movie get taken down due to DMCA on those sites.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:13 PM

heluvagr8flik is an unknown quantity at this point

I think one must be in possession of copy written material to be charged or be uploading it. We are streaming it just like we do on Youtube. On Youtube it is the up loader/poster that gets prosecuted if the material belongs to somebody else, not the viewers of videos. I feel we as viewers don't have anything to worry about.

DON'T WORRY...BE HAPPY!
Old 01-20-2009, 11:22 PM
Administrators

etworm is an unknown quantity at this point

We only offer streaming service that does NOT violate distribution protection law.

And regarding IP logs, our system only record IP addresses that members logged in to watch movies in recent one month which are strictly safeguarded on our own server and we never offer it to any third part.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Moderators

thebest2k8 will become famous soon enoughthebest2k8 will become famous soon enoughthebest2k8 will become famous soon enough
Smile

thank you for that bit on the IP addresses because i know myself and a lot of other members were a little worried about that, and that the site not being illegal is just geat..
Old 12-26-2009, 05:36 AM

amingermany is an unknown quantity at this point

It is illegal to have movies saved on your harddrive, being in possesion of a illegally acquired or copy right infringed a show, not illegal to watch over streaming internet. The users are safe.