MovieForum.cc

Go Back   MovieForum.cc > Member Center > Off Topic

Off Topic Anything you want to chat

Old 01-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Moderators

imarielle will become famous soon enoughimarielle will become famous soon enoughimarielle will become famous soon enough
Default Foreign Films

I was just wondering if this site will be offering foreign films, as in films filmed in languages other than English with subtitles. I was watching a great Israeli film in class today which just happens to be one of my favorite movies and the thought came to mind. I don't know if it is possible because I don't know what your source is, but I've been trying to find a specific film and it would be awesome if it was added to this site. The film's English title is Someone to Run With. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Moderators

thebest2k8 will become famous soon enoughthebest2k8 will become famous soon enoughthebest2k8 will become famous soon enough

i think more foreign films would be great there are a couple of seen that i have really enjoyed, will be back to add the names of those movies, and hopefully they can get them on here
Old 01-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Moderators

imarielle will become famous soon enoughimarielle will become famous soon enoughimarielle will become famous soon enough

I've got a list of foreign films in my mind too. But I'm waiting to hear back form an admin if it is possible for them to get ahold of foreign films before I list them. I don't know how they get the sources so they might only have access to American films.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Moderators

thebest2k8 will become famous soon enoughthebest2k8 will become famous soon enoughthebest2k8 will become famous soon enough

yea that is probably true but there some geat foreign films out there that would be a great asset to the site
Old 01-22-2009, 01:23 PM

lexi10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Subtitles is really really needed!
Old 01-22-2009, 03:41 PM

Birdhm is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Birdhm Send a message via Skype™ to Birdhm
Yes, why not, I've seen some good foreign films, but agree they need subtitles for us English speaking people.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Moderators

yes definitely, but that should be a problem seeing as many do have sub titles or they should lol
Old 01-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Moderators

To answer my own question. Admin has notified us that at this moment foreign films will not be added to the site. Hollywood films are those in highest demand so those are the ones they have in their database and will be adding.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:50 AM
Moderators

yea buut hopefully eventually they will consider to add more, because there some really good ones
Old 02-05-2009, 11:07 PM

bool is an unknown quantity at this point

i don't think it would be a good idea at this time to include foreign films here... for one, only those few people who speak the language will be able to understand it well despite the english subtitles.... also it's kind of awkward to watch the acting of the actors while at the same time reading the subtitles....it's very distracting and you will miss the emotion of the scene...another is, since this is just a new site and considering the number of foreign films with different world languages, it may outnumber the english films thus occupying more space in the server than the english films that everyone understands regardless of country of origin....

but don't lose hope...perhaps admin will consider this in the future...l