MovieForum.cc

Go Back   MovieForum.cc > Member Center > Off Topic

Off Topic Anything you want to chat

Old 09-06-2009, 02:46 AM

bala is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Why do people like musicals ?

i honestly can't stand movie that are musicals but a lot people really enjoy them..
Old 09-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Super Moderators

waterlilybarb will become famous soon enoughwaterlilybarb will become famous soon enoughwaterlilybarb will become famous soon enough

I can't speak for anyone else, but music has aways been a huge part of my daily life, so I don't find musicals as unrealistic as some do. Also, I just enjoy the entertainment value many of them have to offer.

Historically speaking, musicals are not new. People have been going to operas and musical theater for centuries. Since the beginning of film, musicals have been made - because so many people do find them entertaining.

You gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Old 09-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Super Moderators

Celticmaidn is a jewel in the roughCelticmaidn is a jewel in the roughCelticmaidn is a jewel in the roughCelticmaidn is a jewel in the roughCelticmaidn is a jewel in the roughCelticmaidn is a jewel in the rough

It's cause we are awesome
Old 09-07-2009, 04:11 AM
Moderators

Hypechic will become famous soon enoughHypechic will become famous soon enoughHypechic will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Hypechic

Just like I have no idea why some people are crazy about horror movies but I understand that it's different strokes for different folks.

I love music and I absolutely adore musicals so Bala, you'll have to get used to it.

Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.
- Anonymous
Old 09-07-2009, 08:31 AM

The thing about horror movies is very simple we want to see people get killed -think about was anyone in life or high school you wish you could kill but you knew it was wrong however what if in a horror movies the actress look simlar to that person. you get the idea
Old 09-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Super Moderators

waterlilybarb will become famous soon enoughwaterlilybarb will become famous soon enoughwaterlilybarb will become famous soon enough

Sorry - can't relate. I've never wanted to kill anyone, and I've never liked horror movies, but I know others do. I just don't watch them.

And Tina - we ARE awesome.

You gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Old 09-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Super Moderators

shinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the rough

*makes note not to call around to Bala's house ever*

Haha. I'm not crazy on musical movies either but I'll watch a good one where it tells the story well.

To be honest I much prefer a stage performance of a musical over a film. I'm not really sure why that is. I love live performances so I guess that's why.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:23 AM

the problem i have musicals is that it's not realistic flim are meant to be beilevable -people don't break into songs when they are happy or sad ?. to me that's not realistic
Old 09-08-2009, 01:11 AM
Super Moderators

shinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala View Post
the problem i have musicals is that it's not realistic flim are meant to be beilevable -people don't break into songs when they are happy or sad ?. to me that's not realistic
It's just another medium to express something. Just like Art is a medium to express how a person is feeling or photography to catch a moment, music expresses it also. It's also easy to tell a story via the genre of Music so that's why it's popular in the movie sense.

Years ago my Auntie and Uncle had a Spanish student staying with them during the summer. He came down to our house with them on a few visits. One time he said to my Cousin "What's up with your relatives, they are always singing" - This made me laugh so much because it is true, but I was just so used to it that I never batted an eyelid before. I grew up with guitars, drums, amps, pianos, mics, you name it, all over our house because if my Dad wasn't playing then one of my brothers was or my sisters or someone was always singing something!!

So, music in every day life is "normal" for a lot of people.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:53 AM

Ok wow i never meet anyone like that but i understand why you find it normal