MovieForum.cc

Go Back   MovieForum.cc > Member Center > Off Topic

Off Topic Anything you want to chat

Old 03-06-2009, 02:54 AM
Moderators

Hypechic will become famous soon enoughHypechic will become famous soon enoughHypechic will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Hypechic

Never been a fan of watching scary/horror movies or reading scary/horror books either. I have an extremely vivid imagination. I'd take the movie or book one step or ten further.

I do remember being scared witless by The Omen and The Exorcist when I was a kid. I also remember that Animal Monster movies didn't really scare me, it was always the ones with People Monsters that did. As an adult, a couple movies have given me the creeps..The Hitcher with Rutger Hauer, Simon Says(he survived to keep doing his thing...ewwwww) Final Destination 1 & 2. Haven't seen 3 and 4 yet.

For some reason, I haven't watched Jaws or Psycho..My younger sisters love watching scary/horror movies..in surround sound especially at night with all the lights out. After all that setting-up, I never understand why they'll keep screaming through the movie

Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.
- Anonymous
Old 03-06-2009, 06:53 PM

lexi10 is an unknown quantity at this point

thir13en Ghosts.. my lights was on for a week :d
Old 03-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Super Moderators

waterlilybarb will become famous soon enoughwaterlilybarb will become famous soon enoughwaterlilybarb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsiegirl66 View Post
Fraidy cat, fraidy cat!!!

The Birds, freaked me out, for a while.
I had a strange experience as a kid, which made The Birds even creepier to me. I used to walk to school (I lived out of district, so my school was a couple miles away) through a park. One day the park was overrun by seagulls - in a very eerie way. It felt like a scene right out of the movie. The next time I saw it, it got to me worse than it ever had before. I looked very much like that "fraidy cat" in the picture. LOL

You gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Old 04-14-2009, 12:38 PM

fifteenmel is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexi10 View Post
i dont scare easy but that movie scared me a little
Old 04-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Super Moderators

gypsiegirl66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexi10 View Post
Hmmm, I've never seen this, now I'm intrigued. Oh, I see we have it on our site, I know what I'll be watching next. I'll let you know, what the freak factor is for me.
Thanks
Old 04-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Super Moderators

shinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the rough

Duel and the Hitcher were both brilliantly scary ! I remember for weeks after watching Duel for the first time, that when I walked to and from school I was always looking over my shoulder for a big black truck!!

Anyone remember The Fog? This used to frighten the life out of me!! Probably because I live right on the Irish Sea and we get a lot of Fog!!

Movies that are based on suggestion are always scarier. There is nothing more perfect than your own imagination!!
Old 04-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Super Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinny View Post
Duel and the Hitcher were both brilliantly scary ! I remember for weeks after watching Duel for the first time, that when I walked to and from school I was always looking over my shoulder for a big black truck!!

Anyone remember The Fog? This used to frighten the life out of me!! Probably because I live right on the Irish Sea and we get a lot of Fog!!

Movies that are based on suggestion are always scarier. There is nothing more perfect than your own imagination!!

Oh yes, I remember "The Fog" (1980), I grew up, on the ocean in Maine, which was very foggy too. I haven't seen the newer version, yet.

The original "Hitcher" (with Rutger Hauer), totally freaked me out. That movie probably saved my life. I never hitchhiked or picked up hitchers, after watching that.

I've never seen Duel, so I'll have to add it, to my Netflix queue. Thanks!

You're right, movies that are recommended, do always seem scarier.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:09 AM
Super Moderators

shinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the roughshinny is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsiegirl66 View Post

Oh yes, I remember "The Fog" (1980), I grew up, on the ocean in Maine, which was very foggy too. I haven't seen the newer version, yet.

The original "Hitcher" (with Rutger Hauer), totally freaked me out. That movie probably saved my life. I never hitchhiked or picked up hitchers, after watching that.

I've never seen Duel, so I'll have to add it, to my Netflix queue. Thanks!

You're right, movies that are recommended, do always seem scarier.
I'm the same Gypsy, I never picked up hitchers after watching that movie (well that and my parents warning me never to!)

I think you'll really like Duel, especially if you liked The Hitcher and The Fog.

I haven't seen the new Fog either, I didn't even realise there was a new version. I bet it's not as good.

I'm LOL'ing at my last statement. I didn't realise you could read that sentence two ways. I actually meant that films based on suggestion (as in they leave it up to you to imagine how bad it is) are the best.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Super Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinny View Post
I'm the same Gypsy, I never picked up hitchers after watching that movie (well that and my parents warning me never to!)

I think you'll really like Duel, especially if you liked The Hitcher and The Fog.

I haven't seen the new Fog either, I didn't even realise there was a new version. I bet it's not as good.

I'm LOL'ing at my last statement. I didn't realise you could read that sentence two ways. I actually meant that films based on suggestion (as in they leave it up to you to imagine how bad it is) are the best.
LOL. yeah that too, and hat I meant was, the anticipation of movies recommended (by trusted sources), seems to add an edge to the movie. At least, that is my experience.

I already put Duel, at the top of my queue, on Netflix. It looked really good, from the description. I still have the movies, I ordered last week to watch. So, I'll probably get it next week.

On another topic, my hubby was real good to me, this year for my birthday (not till May). Along with the new Macbook Pro, he bought me a new Samsung 52" 120hz LCD tv. It came a few days ago. WOW, what a picture.
I'm going to pick up a PS3, mostly for the Blue-ray. I've never watched anything in Blue-ray, I hear it's quite an incredible. I can't wait to find out, what the combination of the Bray & the 120hz is like. experience. I couldn't help myself, I just had to do a little dance (can you tell I'm excited?). I don't know what's, gotten into my hubby, we don't usually go this big, for b-days. Not complaining, just surprised.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:45 AM

mako is an unknown quantity at this point

Like many mentioned The Excorcist and the Omen was scariest to me probably because I saw it when I was still a kid. Also movies like the Amityville Horror scared me when I was a kid as well.

Another movie that creeped me out was Poltergeist. It was scary and there is a scene which a steak movies on its own on the counter and a bunch of maggots come out and that killed me, I couldn't eat meat for a very long time lol I think this movie was what made me start believing in the spirit world so to speak.

I guess I like Stephen King movies and Rose Red and Pet Semetary was a well made horror movie I thought.

Recent horror movie that creeped me out was the Japanese version of The Ring. Not the Hollywood version.