MovieForum.cc

Go Back   MovieForum.cc > Member Center > Off Topic

Off Topic Anything you want to chat

View Poll Results: How are you liking this site??
Excellent 121 50.63%
Good 65 27.20%
Average 18 7.53%
Below Average 35 14.64%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Super Moderators

waterlilybarb will become famous soon enoughwaterlilybarb will become famous soon enoughwaterlilybarb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnabrock View Post
Is there a way to bookmark movies? There are many I want to see, but only a limited amount of time to see them, so rather than searching each time I visit the site, it would be nice to be able to bookmark ones I've noticed that I want to see at a later time.

Thanks...have loved the site for years, now!
Johnna
Currently there is no way to bookmark movies on the site (though you could do so with your browser's bookmark function). What I do is send myself a PM here in the forum with a list of the movies I want to see. I update it as I watch the movies, and add more as new movies are released. I also keep a list using the Notepad on my computer, so that when there is a movie I hear about, I just add that to the list, then check later if we have it on the site. I know it's not as convenient as having the list right on the movie site, but hopefully I've given you an idea or two that might work for you.

You gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Old 06-16-2013, 04:15 PM

Lifeless is an unknown quantity at this point

Alternatively is what I use is Facebook, if you have Facebook head to:

Quote:
https://www.facebook.com/[FACEBOOK ID/USERNAME/video_movies_watch
Be sure to edit the red text to reflect your own Facebook account, it'll be either a bunch of numbers, or a username (Depending upon if you set yourself a username within your settings or not)

As you can see (Image below) you can search for films you've watched already, obviously would take ages to add all films us film fanatics have seen, but they do give you suggestions at the top (Which havne't loaded for me since my internet is amazingly slow at the moment) though most of the suggestions I've seen so it's easy as clicking on them to add them to films you've watched... or you can switch to the "Want to watch" tab shown in the screen shot to add films in which you haven't yet seen.

It's a nice way to view all the films you want to see, it also gives you a nice little movie poster of the film for easy viewing. On my list I have a few of the Hollywood upcoming films such as: Thor 2, Wolverine, World War Z, Pacific Rim, Kick-ass 2, Now you see me etc...

Once you've watched a film which is listed on your "Want to watch" list all you have to do is nagivate back to your "Want to watch list" locate the film you just watched and then hoover your cursor over the image of the movie and it'll display a pencil icon in the top right corner of the film poster, if you click that then it'll give you the option to place it in the "Watched" section.

Easy as pie.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Super Moderators

waterlilybarb will become famous soon enoughwaterlilybarb will become famous soon enoughwaterlilybarb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeless View Post
Alternatively is what I use is Facebook, if you have Facebook head to:

Be sure to edit the red text to reflect your own Facebook account, it'll be either a bunch of numbers, or a username (Depending upon if you set yourself a username within your settings or not)

As you can see (Image below) you can search for films you've watched already, obviously would take ages to add all films us film fanatics have seen, but they do give you suggestions at the top (Which havne't loaded for me since my internet is amazingly slow at the moment) though most of the suggestions I've seen so it's easy as clicking on them to add them to films you've watched... or you can switch to the "Want to watch" tab shown in the screen shot to add films in which you haven't yet seen....
Good idea. I'm sure some will find that quite helpful. Thanks for posting such detailed directions for those not as familiar with Facebook, and how it can be a useful tool.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:22 AM

johnnabrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thanks to both of you for the suggestions!

Not the single-click wishlist-type bookmark I was hoping for, but I appreciate both of you taking the time to respond.

Thanks, Again...Johnna
Old 06-18-2013, 01:17 PM

Lifeless is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the feature you want isn't built into the site. However as waterlilybarb briefly stated, you can use your in-browser bookmaking function.

Obviously bookmarking is slightly different on every browser, but it's usually as easy as holding down Ctrl and pressing D. Simply navigate to a film you want to make note of to watch later and press Ctrl + D and it'll bookmark the page for you. You can then choose to place the bookmark into a folder to organize your bookmarks. Once you have the time to watch films, you can view your bookmarked films and select one to watch, and then remove it once watched.

Those are really the only practical methods, I can't see any feature being implemented into movieonline where you can bookmark films within the site, as it would be wasting time coding a feature which is already built into every web-browser, the only difference is that one bookmarking system would be viewed online, and the other would be stored on your PC and can be viewed but not accessed offline.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:12 AM

SilikanArtist is an unknown quantity at this point

This is excellent site. Because it helps to gain knowledge in different areas.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:49 PM

gwynnpiano is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Too risky

I found this site when it was brand new and loved it while it was free. I didn't really mind when I had to buy mg's. But with this new way of buying mg's, I'm extremely leery of using it anymore. I've waited, hoping that the old credit card payment gateway would be resolved, but apparently it's not going to be. I don't like the fact that you can't instantly purchase mg's and this new thing sounds way to fishy to risk it.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:42 PM
Super Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynnpiano View Post
I found this site when it was brand new and loved it while it was free. I didn't really mind when I had to buy mg's. But with this new way of buying mg's, I'm extremely leery of using it anymore. I've waited, hoping that the old credit card payment gateway would be resolved, but apparently it's not going to be. I don't like the fact that you can't instantly purchase mg's and this new thing sounds way to fishy to risk it.
While I understand your frustration, the Amazon gift card is a valid and safe way to purchase MG. It is, of course, your choice whether you feel that it is the right choice for you.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:20 AM

JuliaThompson is an unknown quantity at this point

That's really nice site. We can share knowledge in here.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:20 AM

jenyanderson is an unknown quantity at this point

I love this site, my only concern is when and how long it will remain free. There are a few other sites that offer free content and I would rate this site higher than the rest (so far). If it came to a point where you would have to pay to see the movies here I would most likely move on. I can download for free off of Torrents or visit other streaming sites. Only reason I prefer this site over others is the site layout and convenience of the streaming here. I hope the administrators can find an alternative way to pay for bandwidth and provide free streaming for movies. I doubt you would retain even 5% of your current viewers otherwise.